This list is not in any particular order. I will update it periodically as I discover new resources for indie authors. Feel free to add links to your favorite resources in the comments.
- The Book Designer – blog by Joel Friedlander. Everything you need to know for your formatting, design, and publishing phases.
- APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur – book by Guy Kawasaki. An overview of the entire self-publishing process, with all options explained.
- Outthinkgroup.com – blog by Tim Grahl, author of Your First 1000 Copies. Get on his mailing list!
- Goinswriter.com – blog of successful Catholic writer Jeff Goins. Learn how you can go from where you are now to published author.
- Indies Unlimited – blog on the craft. Caution: there may be morally objectionable books advertised on this site.
- Dean Wesley Smith – a successful author of both traditional and self-published books teaches you to “think like a publisher.”
- Write to Done – Mary Jacksch teaches you to write better than ever.
- Smashwords – e-book distributor. If you plan to sell e-books, read their formatting and marketing guides.
- CreateSpace – Amazon’s paperback publishing forum that costs you $10 or less.
- Hugh Howey – best-selling indie author tracks buying trends and tells you how to succeed.